Underpinning the mission statement are two core activities:
- to define a series of end-to-end technical standards, functions and profiles which will encourage the development of a wide range of compelling mainstream internet media devices with a degree of consistency, while supporting proportionate differentiation for manufacturers and broadcasters.
- to provide B-to-B marketing support to member organisations, and to promote the concept of internet connected devices to consumers, potential members and retailers.
In support of these objectives, the IMDA will also:
- commission custom research to highlight and promote viable business models across the value chain.
- act as a networking trade organisation for members to share in best-of-practice product development, consumer experience and marketing research
Why join the IMDA?
- The IMDA is broad in scope and the only forum that brings together all the stakeholders in the Internet Media Ecosystem. Thus the IMDA is the key organization for development and harmonization for the distribution of media over Internet technologies.
- Key benefits for every IMDA member are professional networking with all stakeholders of the Internet Media Ecosystem as well as being at the forefront of evolving standards and technologies.
- The IMDA’s main task will be to foster the evolution of Internet Radio by helping to evolve standards that don’t already exist elsewhere, and by making it easier for the listeners in particular. Thus it will be necessary to increase the number of members and to cooperate with organizations like WorldDMB/RadioDNS/etc.
Learn more about the benefits of being a part of the IMDA here.